Doug Lemley Memorial Scholarship
The Oregon School Facilities Management Association, (OSFMA), consists of members from schools throughout Oregon. We are Facilities Managers, Custodial, Maintenance and Grounds Supervisors; dedicated to the upkeep of our school facilities; providing for the appropriate educational environment for our students.
The scholarships are being offered by the Oregon School Facilities Management Association.
The association will award 5 annual scholarships of $1,000 each. Awards will be distributed from all areas of Oregon to students attending schools with active OSFMA members. The successful candidates will pursue an area of study that will enhance their abilities in Facilities Management, Maintenance, Support Operations, Engineering, or Technology. Scholarships may be used at any accredited institution.
The applicants school district must have current Oregon School Facilities Management Association (OSFMA) membership. All applications must be typed, no hand written applications accepted. Please submit completed application packet with required documentation to the OSFMA address below. The application link is at the bottom of this page.
Disbursement of Funds:
Applicants may use their scholarship at any accredited institution (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, College, University, or Trade School). The money must be used for tuition, books, fees and housing. OSFMA will work with the college financial aid officer in determining the payee when the check is issued.
1. Applicant will submit application along with required attachments to OSFMA.
2. Awardees will be announced during the Annual OSFMA Conference held in April.
1. Applicants should be graduating seniors with a minimum 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent grade point average.
2. Applicants should demonstrate two or more of the following qualities: leadership, achievements, volunteering, school or civic club membership, work experience.
3. Applicants must be pursuing a degree or professional certificate in an accredited Institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, Trade school, College or University). Applicants must maintain a minimum of 9 credit hours per term/semester.
4. The applicant must be in the act of furthering their education in Facilities Mgt., Maintenance or Support Operations (Maintenance, Custodial, Grounds, or related fields), Engineering, or Technology. The chosen field must have a direct correlation in supporting school facilities operations.
5. Attach two letters of recommendation (could come from a teacher, pastor, civic Leader, community leader, etc)
6. OSFMA Employees, Board Members, Scholarship Committee Members and families are not eligible to participate in the Scholarship Program.
Submit the application form and official sealed transcripts with signature from Guidance Counselor or Principal to: